Galeru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galeru, Runescape and You

Go down

Galeru, Runescape and You Empty Galeru, Runescape and You

Post by Frostysib Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:10 pm

To all members.

It is to be made clear to all members, without sounding too scary, that the rules that govern runescape govern Galeru. These include the runescape rules of conduct, as well as the terms and condidtions where they may apply.

By joining, you essentially agree to abide by those rules and behave on Galeru as you would anywhere on the runescape main site. Galeru is only little, and we don't want people trashing it's name before it's even had a chance to fully assert itself on the clan scene. For this reason, like on runescape, any failure to comply by these rules may lead to you account being terminated (i.e. It may be locked, suspended, pelted with doughnuts or at worst banned).

These rules Include, but are not limited to:

1. No Offensive/Obscene language
2. Password Scamming
3. Account Trading/Sharing
4. Multiple Logging In (one account per person please)
5. Advertising Websites *
6. Encouraging Others to Break the Rules **
7. Asking for Personal Information ***

While i'm certain all of you wonderful Galeruians will not justify me writing this next little bit, something needs to be said of diciplinary action within the clan. Galeru is supposed to be fun, and no-one will be permitted to ruin that fun for any other member. It's just not cricket and offenders who disrupt Galeru activities on this forum or in-game can expect to recieve a series of written warnings about his/her conduct from the Galeru committee. The system will go something like:

First Offence: A very polite private message regarding in-forum/in-game activity.
Second Offence: A rather stern, but still very polite private message regarding in-forum/in-game activity.
Third Offence: A formally styled private message requesting prompt changes to your in-forum/ in-game activity. (Eek)
Fourth Offence: Game Over. Sad

It should be added that any rules broken in game may lead to further action being taken towards you by Jagex for terms of use violation. But like I said, you peeps won't justify me writing that.

A FULL copy of the Runescape/Galeru rules can be obtained from http://www.runescape.com by clicking the 'Rules' link in the Knowledge Base section of the main page.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frostysib
Frostysib
Admin

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

Galeru, Runescape and You Empty Re: Galeru, Runescape and You

Post by Frostysib Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:46 pm

* - With regards to the advertising of websites within Galeru, some limited linking to the Runescape main site is required for the sake of convienience. Some limited linking to informative, well known public access sites such as Youtube, Google, RuneHQ and Tip.It may also be considerd permissable. Any suspected unsuitable site links will removed in the interests of all clan members.

- Recruiting in game, we are aware that passing urls to other members in-game is against runescape rules and in violation of the rules of conduct. However, we are also aware that clan members may want to recruit and reffer other runescape members to this site.

GALERU DOES NOT WANT YOU TAKING RISKS WITH YOUR RUNESCAPE ACCOUNT! We would much preffer that you fully read runescape rule 11. (Advertising Websites) before attempting to recruit other members. If you know an RS player in real life or though another site/chat room/forum community/online game ect, we would preffer you to recruit through those channels. Galeru cannot ask, or even suggest that you do otherwise. To DO otherwise (i.e. try to reffer players in-game) you need to be aware that you are taking a risk and that you may lose your account. That would not be fun.

** - With regards to encouraging others to break the rules, it is painfully obvious that despite pleas to not take risks, some people are simply risk-takers. It is known by the Galeru committee that some members already present were recruited via such 'risky' methods. The very fact that Galeru is co-ordinated offsite is by default clashing with the non-advertising rule and ergo also clashing with the rule regarding the act of encouraging the breaking of rules.
They are inseperable. As such Galeru will make the exceptions required as to allow Galeru to exist, but no further.

Just felt that needed to be said. ^^;

*** - With regards to the asking of personal information, I strongly advise you to read the rule regarding this on the runescape main site. It is shocking just how few people understand what this rule means or implies. The same rules will apply here in the interest of clan member security.

Further information regarding user safety, especially for younger players, can be accessed on the runescape main site by clicking the 'Safety & Security' link under the knowledge base and selecting 'play safe'.
Frostysib
Frostysib
Admin

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down