Galeru
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLAN REQUIREMENTS

2 posters

Go down

CLAN REQUIREMENTS Empty CLAN REQUIREMENTS

Post by Frostysib Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Listen up! This is serious...

For several days myself and Digi have been straining to decide on some firm, hard yet fair requirements for entry for all Galeru members. We covered a wide range of topics, and took as many viewpoints into consideration as we could in order to determine what we thought would be a decent set of entry requirements.

And so finally after 4 days of circular discussion, racking our brains in intense debate and vigerously arguing advatages and disadvantages... we have this to say:

!!!!!!! WE GIVE UP !!!!!!!

We decided that the requirements for the clan should be subjectively decided by the members of Galeru. By this, we mean that we don't ask for any specific combat level/skill level or even membership status, and our reasons for deciding this are as follows.

1) As an offsite clan, other people are only going to find out about us though your efforts. We trust that no Galeru member will hand out our url to somebody who is not a trustworthy, decent player. People who join us are likely to be people who one of our members have known for a few solid years, months or even a couple of really impressive weeks, to a point where they can vouche for their character. We don't expect our members to go out spreading our name to those who simply wouldn't be good for us, and you are in a better position to decide that then we are.

2) As much as we can understand peoples desire to have a fixed combat level as a marker of entry, we don't really see such a thing as being defenceable (for a number of reasons I won't go into here). I'm sure we've all met the superly good player with high levels who is, quite simply, a total prat. Likewise, i'm sure we've all met the newbie freash off tutorial island who actually has a great personality. Obviously we would like you to get to know people a little bit before telling them about us, but i'm sure you get the idea. Combat level was never supposed to be a measure of what a person is like, and Galeru would like to have the trust in it's members to decide for themselves who they will, and who they will not ask to become members of Galeru.

3) While we don't mind low level members joining, even if they are F2P, we have to ask all Galeru members to keep in mind that Galeru will cater for all its members. This includes the lower level members as well as the higher level members. For this reason, F2P members or low level P2P members may find that they lack the in-game requirements to take part in some activities such as 'Trouble Brewing', 'Boss Hunting', 'Bounty Hunter', 'Members skill parties', ect.

These requirements may be subject to change. We'd like to see how it goes, and if problems do arise, we'll make whatever alterations to the clan requirements that need be. I'll be adding a discussion topic in the members area for all members to have their say about what the requirement system should entail and why. Good suggestions may find their way into becomming policy.

But at the moment once you have been accepted you are instantly more than just a member, you are an 'Agent of Galeru'. Entrusted with the task of locating the best and the brightest that runescape has to offer.
Frostysib
Frostysib
Admin

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Back to top Go down

CLAN REQUIREMENTS Empty Re: CLAN REQUIREMENTS

Post by digimac Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:52 am

I second that! Wink Agents of Galeru ftw!!!
digimac
digimac
Admin

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-01-31

https://galeru.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down